Everyone agrees that during sometime during the day, you are going to need to touch up your makeup. And as much as we adore our beauty products, there is no reason to carry a completely stuffed makeup bag everywhere you go. Not only does it make your bag heavy, but you don’t need every product you own at all times. So here are five items, which in my opinion, are essential for every makeup bag.
1. PRESSED POWDER – This is not #1 by mistake. Many people get oily skin during the day, and having a compact available is the best touch-up if your skin is getting oily. Also, it is wonderful way to set your foundation.
2. CONCEALER – You just finished lunch, and are in the restroom cleaning up. You look in the mirror and BAM! You see a breakout. Well, reach into that makeup bag and whip out your concealer to take care of business. Then set it with your pressed powder. You are now back to looking the way you did when you walked into work in the morning.
3. EYELINER – During the day, your eyeliner can fade. Having an eyeliner on hand makes it easy to quickly fix your eye makeup so your wing always looks flawless. But make sure you have one with a cap or that twists closed. Having just an eyeliner pencil floating around your purse can be rather messy.
4. MASCARA – Make sure you carry a black mascara with you. One great thing about mascara is that it comes in travel sizes, leaving more room in your purse. Also carrying a black mascara awakens, defines, and compliments any eye color.
5. TINTED LIP BALM – A lot of times, during the day our lip stick or lip gloss will wear off. Now you can carry lipstick or lip gloss, but you would have to change it out nearly everyday as your outfit changes everyday. I would recommend a tinted lip balm, especially one with moisture-rich ingredients like shea-butter and vitamin E to condition and leave your lips feeling soft and plump. A tinted lip balm will give you a hint of color which saves you carrying another lip product.
Keep these beauty products handy in your bag. A girl on the go has got to have her beauty products readily available, no matter where she is!