Everyone, and I mean everyone, will eventually run into a problem when applying their foundation. By far, the two most common problems are choosing the right shade of foundation and applying the foundation correctly. So I did a little research, and found some solutions to these problems that I will share with you.
- APPLICATION – 1) If you choose to use a brush to apply your foundation, use a brush that rounded at the top. Take the brush and apply it to your skin using circular motions. This method will help you to use less foundation and allow you to build coverage. 2) If you choose to use a blending sponge, make sure your blender is damp. Lightly dip the blender into the foundation and press (do not pat) the blender in and around your face. Pressing the foundation will help you achieve an air-brushed appearance. 3) If you choose to use your fingers, blend the foundation up and around your face. Using your fingers helps warm the foundation, making it easier to blend.
- FOUNDATION SHADE – When looking for a new foundation, test the foundation shade on your jawline. You will know you have the proper shade when the color of the foundation disappears on your skin without much blending.
- USING A CONCEALER – If you use a concealer prior to putting on your foundation, you will have the tendency to use more foundation than necessary. It is best to apply your concealer AFTER you have applied your foundation because it will help your makeup look crease free. Look for a color which is one shade lighter than your natural skin tone. Anything lighter will look fake and will give you that raccoon eyes effect.
- USING A PRIMER – Use a primer before applying your foundation. Using a primer will act as a way to ensure that your foundation appears flawless because it makes your skin into a smoother surface. If you are concerned about redness, dullness or uneven pigmentation, look for color correcting primer to even out your skin tone.
- CLEAN CANVAS – Before applying foundation, it is extremely important to make sure you are starting with a clean canvas. This means cleansing to remove any dirt; exfoliate to get rid of dead skin cells and moisturize, as foundation settles best into hydrated skin.
It is all about technique when using foundation and using the products in a way that will let you achieve a flawless, yet natural looking skin.
What tip(s) do you have to offer when it comes to applying foundation?