Acne products. There are hundreds on the market. But which ones are really the best to fight acne? In the skincare market there are many treatment options at different price points. Experts will attest to the fact those options which are gentle are better than harsh products that can rid your skin of moisture. Below are a few suggestions for treating skin with acne:
- CLEAN & CLEAR ADVANTAGE ACNE SPOT TREATMENT – This treatment is a drugstore favorite. It has won Best of Beauty Award twice in a row. The Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment will reduce the appearance of all breakouts, thanks to a small percentage of salicylic acid. This is available at your local drugstore for $7.00.
- THE ORDINARY NIACINAMIDE – Have you ever been out, having a fabulous time, then you look in the mirror just to see your face shinier than a disco ball on a dance floor. Well, kiss that shine away with the Ordinary Niacinamide. This vitamin B3 and mineral serum product is a game changer. Just apply a few drops in the morning and evening to your skin. This product is available at Sephora for the cost of $6.00.
- LA ROCHE-POSAY EFFACLAR DUO DUAL ACNE TREATMENT – This awesome skin treatment features micronized benzol peroxide and lipo-hydroxy acid which will gently slough off dead skin cells and infiltrate deep into your skin. It is available at Target for $19.99.
- NEUTROGENA RAPID CLEAR STUBBORN ACNE CLEANSER – This product treats your full face and clears the acne without drying out your skin. It contains the maximum amount of Benzoyl Peroxide and is recommended by dermatologists as the #1 non-prescription acne medication. Available at Ulta for $10.99.
- PAULA’S CHOICE CLEAR DAILY SKIN CLEARING TREATMENT – Harsh acne fighting ingredients tend to irritate and aggravate acne. Your best bet is to look for products which are formulated with active ingredients and skin soothing ones such as bisabolol. This product can be purchased for $19.00 at QVC.
Looking for the right product to fight acne boils down to trial and error. This list will hopefully give you a head start in the search for the best acne treatment for your skin. If you have any product suggestions, please share with me.