There are numerous beauty uses for extra virgin olive oil. They are simple and inexpensive ways to use olive oil keep yourself beautiful. Here are the top seven (in my view at least):
1) Nail Care – It is winter, and that means dry nails and cuticles. Solution? Rub a few drops of olive oil into the cuticle area and nails. Cuticles stay nice and soft and nails receive a natural shine.
2) Exfoliator – if you have dry, itchy skin during the season, simply mix sea salt and extra virgin olive oil, and rubbing it into the affected area to slough off the dead skin. Or better yet, add a few drops olive oil with a drop or two of lavender essential oil into your bath and soak away the stress.
3) Eye Makeup Remover – place a couple of drops of extra virgin olive oil onto a cotton pad to gently remove your day’s worth of eye makeup without irritating the eye area.
4) Lip Scrub – combine brown sugar with olive oil to fix chapped lips. If you want, add a little lemon juice for some added flavor and exfoliating properties.
5) Shiny Hair – got a case of the flyaways? Don’t go out and buy more hair products. Simply use a few drops of olive oil on flyaway ends after styling for an extra-glossy finish.
6) Shaving Cream – run out of shaving cream? Use extra-virgin olive oil in place of shaving cream, for soft and subtle legs. You will avoid razor burns and bumps with this little trick.
7) Eye Cream – you don’t need expensive eye creams to get rid of fine lines. Simply dab extra virgin olive oil underneath your eyes at night and wake up to younger looking skin.
Well, those are seven ways to use extra virgin olive oil in your beauty regimen. I hope they work for you as well as they did for me!