We are all aware how important it is to have a good skincare routine. But a lot of us are not aware that having a good skincare routine in the morning has a lot to do with protection from the sun and pollution. We do not all have the same skin type, and therefore cannot use the same skincare products. However, skincare experts do recommend you have a certain order in which you use your products.
1. CLEANSER – When you wake up, start your routine by splashing your face with warm water. Next, wash your face with a gentle cleanser which is suitable for your skin type.
2. TONER – Should I or should I not use a toner? Unfortunately there are many misgivings with toner. It does NOT strip you skin like the tones which existed years ago. Today’s toners now act like a delivery system releasing antioxidants and vitamin B derivatives and wiping away traces of makeup from the evening before.
3. SERUM – Rich in anti-oxidants, serum is an important part of your skincare routine; especially during the day. A good serum will help fight all of the influences against your skin during the daytime. These things include exhaust fumes and your dirty cell phone screens. Using serums will also help reduce the fine lines between your eyebrows.
4. MOISTURIZER – Everyone needs to use moisturizer; even those with oily skin. There is no such thing as being too hydrated. And sunscreen cannot be a stand-in for moisturizer. The best way to apply moisturizer is to apply it right after you have all of the products which come before your moisturizer. This helps to lock in the very much needed hydration to you skin.
5. SUNSCREEN – This is the last product in your skincare routine. So what’s the best sunscreen to use? Use one with zinc because the zinc provides the most extensive protection against the sun’s UVA and UVB rays.
This is an acceptable, basic sequence for a morning skincare routine. And this, of course, goes without saying, choose a skincare product which is suitable for your skin type.