No one is born knowing how to put on makeup or take care of our skin. And consequently we are all guilty of certain mistakes when it comes to our beauty regimen and makeup application. In an attempt to look our best, we sometimes overdo things. I do not claim to be perfect and I have made some of the mistakes listed below. So I am here to share with you some of the beauty mistakes I personally have made and the mistakes I have noticed others have made.
1. Not Cleaning Your Makeup Brushes Regularly – everyone has been guilty of this at one time or another. Cleaning our brushes can be so time consuming. However, dirty makeup brushes will cause your skin to break out and will affect they way you put on your makeup. The brushes will be filled with dirt and oil. The makeup colors will bleed together, and the brush bristles will be overloaded with product. When this happens, you will make your makeup application appear harsh and look unnatural.
2. Too Much Product – lots of us go through hair products and soap very quickly. If this is you, you may be doing more harm than good. When you use a lot of body wash, a lot of natural oil will be extracted from your skin. Thus, the more soap you use, and the drier your skin will be. The same goes for your hair. The more shampoo you use, the more oils you remove from your hair, which can result in dry, straw like hair.
3. Applying Your Makeup To Dry Skin – You should be exfoliating your skin at least once a week. If you do not exfoliate and go to apply foundation to dry skin, the foundation will accentuate any flakiness and will basically will sit on top of your face without blending in.
4. Applying Too Much Bronzer – It is now fall and before we know it, it will be winter. Many of us will develop skin which looks pale, and will turn to bronzer to get a sun-kissed look. But if your apply bronzer all over your face, the bronzer will contrast against with your pale hairline and neck. Stick to applying the bronzer to your forehead, the bridge of your nose and to your cheekbones.
5. Wrong Shade of Blush – As a rule, blush should compliment your natural blush tone. So if you are wearing a bold lip color that evening, wear a shade of blush which is more subtle.
So those are five mistakes which a lot of us are make and the corrections for those mistakes.
What are some of the mistakes you are guilty of doing?