It has happened to all of us. We start out the day with our makeup intact and looking great. But when we go to leave work, our mascara is smeared and our foundation has worn off. Well here are six tips to help make your makeup past the time you leave work.
- Start by cleaning your face with a gentle cleanser to remove excess oil and debris. But be sure that the cleanser you choose does not dry out your skin. This can create an uneven texture. After cleansing your face, apply a light-weight and oil-free moisturizer.
- Use a primer before putting on your foundation. A thin layer of primer will stick to your skin and foundation, making a smoother surface for putting on your makeup.
- Make sure you choose the proper foundation. One which is long lasting, oil-free and has SPF. Place a thin layer of foundation in the beginning of your application and then build up the coverage. If you start applying your foundation too thick, the foundation can appear cakey and possibly melt off.
- When it comes to makeup, instead of using a cream or powder blush, try using a stain which can double as a lip product.
- When choosing eye makeup, switch your eyeliner and mascara to a waterproof formula to help prevent smudging.
- Now it is time to lock your makeup in. Set your makeup with a translucent powder. This will help in smoothing the appearance of your makeup. If you want to go one step further, try a setting spray. Using a setting spray before and after you are finished putting on your makeup, will help lock everything in its place. It will also help your powder makeup look more like your natural skin.
These are just a few tips which will aid in making your makeup last longer. Do you have any tips to help your makeup last longer?