Coconut Oil is all the rage. But what are the best ways to use it to help yourself look your best? I love the smell too! Well here are the top 10 beauty uses for coconut oil:
1) Shaving lotion – instead of soap and water or shaving cream which can be drying, try shaving with coconut oil. It gives you a close shave and moisturizes your skin at the same time;
2) Highlighter – after applying your foundation and blush, take a dab of coconut oil and place it along your cheekbones for that perfect highlighter;
3) Eye makeup remover – takes a cotton ball or pad and dip it in some coconut oil to remove your eye makeup. Not only does it remove all the makeup, it strengthens your eyelashes;
4) Do you use heat styling products on a regular basis? Use coconut oil to restore your hair. Before you go to bed, take some coconut oil and rub it into the palms of your hands. Then rub your hands your hands through your hair, working your way to the end of the strands. Now place a shower cap on your head. Leave on overnight, and when you wake up, shower and condition as normal. Because of its fatty acid nature, coconut oil is able to penetrate the inside of the hair shaft;
5) Hand Treatment – take care of your hands. Rub coconut oil into your hands and cuticles for a moisturizing effect. It is great for dry, flaky cuticles too;
6) Frizz fighter – battling frizzies and and fly-away hair? Use coconut oil to tame your tresses. Place a tiny bit of coconut oil into your troubled hair areas. I did some research, and the coconut oil helps repel moisture which causes your hair to frizz and fly away;
7) Use as a skin brightener – mix one part coconut oil with one part baking soda. Rub the mixture in circular motions gently on your face. This makes a great face scrub and helps brighten your skin;
8) Moisturize your lips – cannot find your chapstick? Place a little bit of coconut oil on your lips. It appears shiny at first, but after it sits, it will become matte in appearance;
9) Helps fight dry skin – throw away your pricey body lotion and use coconut oil instead. Rub the oil into your skin every night. The coconut oil sinks in fast and leaves your skin baby soft;
10) Help fade wrinkles – fine lines starting to appear? Dab some coconut oil to the affected area to rehydrate skin and fade those lines.
So those were the top 10 best beauty uses for coconut oil. What are some of your favorite beauty uses for coconut oil?
You can purchase coconut oil virtually anywhere. I got my jar through EBay even though you can get it from Trader Joe’s too. However, it should be noted that coconut oil does have an expiration date, so make sure you use it by the stamped date.